Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st day of school!



Yesterday was the first day of school for both the kids. Elle started 1st grade and Pierce started the primary program at the same Montessori school that she goes to. They were both so excited. Especially Pierce because he got to ride in Mommies car, go with his sissy, and mostly because of his new lunch box. Do you remember the days when your lunch box was the coolest thing. Unfortunately for me I was so poor most of my meals were funded by the state which meant at school! However, Keith says his favorite lunch box of all times was his metal star wars lunch box with his Yoda thermos. Oh, if only I could have had a lunch box like that. Instead, I was wearing the clothes from the rich kids down the block that my Mom bought at the garage sale that summer. Nothing like hearing how they wore those clothes last year! Literally.......not that I have any issues. :) Anyway, the first day went well. I was shocked to learn the day before that Pierce's feet had grown three shoe sizes over the summer. Elle's not so much, but holy cow Pierce. Gone skiing much? Pierce was a little shy at first. Once he walked around his room and was able to see everything he warmed up. Elle took off as soon as we got to school. I had to force her to come give me a kiss before I left. I have to say she looked awful cute in her school uniform. And old. Cute and old. Overall they both did well. I was worried that Pierce would fall off the playground equipment and end up with a head injury. That's a nurse for you. He did come home in one piece and was the only kid in the class that took a nap. You know the teachers are loving him right now. Mommy made it through the day ok too.

No comments:

Post a Comment