Monday, May 31, 2010

Training for Coeur d'alene

It is now ten weeks away until the Olympic triathlon in Idaho. I have mapped out my training for the next ten weeks and it seems crazy. After looking at the times from last years triathlon, I realized that I have to step it up if I want to be competitive at all. I know, I know, I was just going to "finish" the race. But anyone who knows anything about me knows that's not possible. I want to be in the top 10. Last year there were 41 competitors in my age group. Although the top 10 should be possible, all these women had amazing times in all three sports. So, I have refocused my training with the top 10 in mind. Don't worry, it's pretty easy to change my mind when I am in pain so during the race if it hurts, I am sure the top 20 won't seem so bad!! :) Here is my workout plan for the next 10 weeks. This is just an overview as the detail is too boring.

Monday - Swim
Tuesday - Bike/Run
Wednesday - Swim
Thursday - Run am/Legs pm
Friday - P90X Back and Chest
Saturday - Long Run (goal 9 miles)
Sunday - Long Bike ride (goal 35-50 miles)/P90X Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps

I am still not committed to the Thursday run in the am. That means I have to get up early and I am so not an early riser. I think I might not add that in until after July vacation. It all depends on how I feel. Anyway, there it is in all its glory. My life for the next 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment