Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Workout Roundup

It's time for my weekly workout summary. As you can tell I have not done so well blogging three times a week. Last week was tough. I had trouble sleeping every night last week. The first three nights I took an Ambien. However I didn't want to keep taking that all week so on Wednesday night I ended up with 3 hours sleep. Ugh. I have slept like the dead the last three nights so hopefully my week of insomnia is over.

Monday 1/25 -Swim
  • I am starting to feel a little stronger with my swimming. Once I settle into it I feel like I can swim pretty far. Warm up = 200 meters, Swim 1250 meters, Cool Down = 100 meters.

Tuesday 1/26 - Bicep/Triceps/Run

  • Once again I did not get to go to spin class tonight. It seems the New Year resolutions crew have thwarted any attempts to make it to spin. The class starts at 5:30 but all the bikes were taken by 4:55. These people also don't work. So, I had to do something else. I decided to do some strength training and run. I jogged for 10 minutes, did 3 minute intervals at 7.5 with 2 minute intervals at 6.4 for 20 minutes and then I walked for five minutes. It was tough!

Wednesday 1/27 - Bootcamp

  • Had a tough time a bootcamp. I think I was dehydrated and having some weird affect from the Ambien. By the end of the class I was extremely overheated and had to cut it short. Everyone said I was dripping sweat more then usual and very red faced. I definitely did not feel well. It was a good bootcamp even with the overheating.

Thursday 1/28 - Nada, nothing, zippo

Friday 1/29 - Swim

  • I decided to do some swim sprints. Warm up = 500 meters, 10 x 50 meter sprints, Cool down = 500. The sprints were hard. Halfway through I had a stitch in my side. Ouch. Made it hard to keep swimming.

Saturday 1/30 - Run

  • This was my long run. I planned on doing six miles but was giving myself an out in case I couldn't. I had some wacko plan to do a leg workout when I got to the gym. Yeah, right. Anyway, I didn't wimp out and managed the 6 miles. I had a head wind 4 miles of it. It took me longer then normal, but it is the longest I have ever run at one time. Total time = 56.5 minutes.

Sunday 1/31 - Legs/Back/Bike

  • So I changed my crazy idea of doing legs from the run day to the bike day. I was supposed to have done legs on Thursday, but as you can see I did nothing that day. I did a light leg workout as well as back. I think I need to keep my back in good shape as it will help me be a stronger swimmer. I then head out from the gym on the bike. My first mistake was that I only had a small bowl of cheerios for breakfast. I did drink a power aid at the gym, but it was not enough given I worked out for an hour before heading out on the bike. I rode up 32nd street which then turned into Rose Garden (I think) to Cave Creek. I then rode out Cave Creek for about 8 miles. There is a lot of traffic on Cave Creek, but the bike lanes are big so I felt pretty safe. I then made a pit stop at a park bathroom and then headed back south on Cave Creek. I turned West on Deer Valley. That's about where I started to bonk. Next time I will plan better for sure. I then went down Deer Valley to 7th avenue. My plan was to head to Moon Valley park to meet up with Keith and the kids, but I couldn't make it. I turned around and went back down Deer Valley to 7th Street and headed home. My stomach was growling and my legs felt like jello. Luckily when I got home Keith and the kids were leaving the park so I didn't have to wait long. Total Bike = 21.37 miles, Average Speed = 15.7, Max Speed = 22.2, Average HR = 139. Next week I plan on doing a longer ride but without the leg workout first and with more calories.

That about sums it up. Next weeks goal is to increase my bike mileage and maybe find some hills. I also want to try seven miles, but that may be a bit much. Superbowl weekend so I plan on chowing on some major bad food. Go Colts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment