Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Workout Roundup

I have decided to summarize my weekly workouts on Sunday. My hope is that it keeps me motivated and it lets me see my progress. The week started off a little rough, but the last three days have been great!

Sunday 1/17-Leg/Chest Workout

  • This did not go so well. My legs were sore from the run the day before. I could barely lift any weight. Decided to move my leg workout to Thursdays.
Monday 1/18 - Nothing (Legs and chest killing me!)

Tuesday 1/19 - Bike/Run

  • For the second week in a row I missed my spin class. I left work 15 minutes early but because it was raining and the Arizonians could not drive over 45 mph so I was late to the gym and didn't get a bike. I rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes and ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Average HR 140.
Wednesday 1/20 - Bootcamp

  • Great class. A few new people showed up. We all decided that in two weeks we are dressing up in 80's workout clothes. Don't worry, I will get a lot of great pictures. I even agreed to 10 minutes of Sweatin to the Oldies....that should be hilarious!!
Thursday 1/21 - Off (raining cats and dogs...no way was I going to try the freeway.)

Friday 1/22 - Swim

  • The first 10 minutes I thought I was going to drown. I did finally get some ear plugs so I was hoping I would not get vertigo. It seemed to work. I warmed up for 10 minutes between breast stroke and free style, then did free style for 30 minutes. Jenni and I both discovered that 1 mile does not equal 1,000 meter. It actually equals 1500 meters, which means an additional 10 laps (down and back). I timed my last 500 meters and it took me 15 minutes. Hopefully that means I can do the total distance in 45 minutes come race day. It may be different when I am being splashed in the face with water!!!
Saturday 1/23 -Run

  • Today was my long run. I had to be at the bike store at 9:15 to have my bike fitted, so I decided to run home from the gym. I tried to drink enough water the night before and did not have any alcohol (that was tough). It was cooler then normal outside which I think helped. I averaged a 9 minute mile and ran 5 miles in 44 minutes. I ran for a total of 5.4 miles, that is the farthest I have run.... ever. Not to shabby. Average HR was 160.
Sunday 1/24 - Bike

  • Today was the first day I rode the bike. I had it fitted yesterday and purchased the essentials: Helmet, bike shorts (aka-diaper shorts), and bike gloves. It was very cool this morning, so I wore my bike shorts under my tights to keep warm. I was extremely nervous. This was the first time I had ever ridden a clip less pedal bike. I was convinced my noggin would be hitting the pavement. I was also scared I would be hit be a crazy driver. I decided to do the Moon Valley route because it was close to my house and not in a high traffic area. However, I had to ride down 7th street to Coral Gables to get started. The intersection of Bell and 7th street is extremely busy. I had to keep calming myself down as I rode. I think my heart rate was 170 just from nerves. Once I finally made it to the route, things got better. Since it was my first bike ride I decided to take it easy. Total miles = 19, average mph = 15, average HR = 144. Next Sunday I will do a 30 mile ride. Hopefully I will stay alive.

Overall not too bad of a training week. I am having difficulty getting all my strength training in. My plan is to have Wednesday and Thursdays be strength training days. Hopefully that will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment