Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to Blogging

I have finally made it back to the blogging world. My plan was to do a summary of Thanksgiving through Christmas, but our computer went into crisis. We had to get a new hard drive and when Keith loaded everything from the old drive I can't find any of our pictures from the last month. I am sure they are somewhere, but oh well. I guess it is time to start fresh. I thought I would start with my New Year resolutions. I know, I know, but if you don't write them down then they won't happen. So, here goes:

1. Complete a Sprint and Olympic distance Triathlon.
2. Learn to play the guitar.
3. Start Grad school this year.
4. Blog three times a week.

That's it. I think those are all pretty hefty goals so I don't need anymore. #2 and #3 will have to wait until #1 is completed before I start those. Training for a Triathlon takes up a lot of time (and a lot of money). I will be completing the Olympic Triathlon in August in Idaho. The family and Keith's parents along with my friends who are also competing will be making a vacation out of it. Knowing you have people there to cheer you helps keep you motivated. This morning I ran 4.59 miles in 42.24 minutes. For those of you who don't know what an Olympic Triathlon consists of, it is 1 mile swim, 26 mile bike, and 6 mile run. The sprint distance is half of that. I am not crazy enough to do an Iron Man. My motto is any race that might make you crap your pants in the middle of it is not worth it! Call me crazy.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment