Monday, September 7, 2009

Consequences

What do you do with a child that is a little too smart for her own good? Hmmm........Today it just didn't' seem to matter what we said Elle was in no mood to listen. In fact, she would say she was listening while looking at you, but her hands would actually be getting her in trouble. So, trying to incorporate both an educational activity and a punishment at the same time, we came up with writing "I will listen" ten times. Even with this activity, she managed to get in trouble. Instead of using her notebook, she decided to use Pierce's. Once this was discovered, she didn't even try to make something up. I asked her if she knew she was using Pierce's notebook and she said yes. I asked her why and she said "because I wanted to." So, after the "I will listen", she got to write "I will not use Pierce's things."

Next time it will be twenty times. Secretly, I think she enjoyed it.



BTW, Keith made the most fabulous dinner tonight. I am a new fan of the Pioneer Woman blog. Keith made the baked beans and the grilled ribeye with onion and blue cheese sauce. Let me tell you, the baked beans were heaven in my mouth. Can I just say....eight slices of bacon. For those of you who wish you could be a member of the bacon of the month club, you know what I'm talking about. This is a great blog and the recipes are divine. Mental note, eat light at lunch. Most of her recipes call for at least 1-2 sticks of butter and bacon. But oh baby.....mmmmmm! Home cooking at the best. Check it out http://pioneerwoman.com

1 comment:

  1. Did I ever tell you that my Mom used to make me write sentences when I was in trouble? I am talking hundreds!

    ReplyDelete